(If clicking on the picture above doesn’t take to you to the bottom of this page where the entry form is, try clicking HERE or scroll to the bottom of the page)
🎄 The Best Christmas lights in Houston 🎄
Fa la la la la, la la la la. It’s that magical time of year when Christmas music fills the airwaves, Godiva peppermint bark chocolates are back, and twinkling lights adorn. As a child, nothing said Christmas is coming like seeing all the lights and decorations everywhere we went. Now, whole neighborhoods make it an attraction, with neighbors competing to have the best and brightest light shows around…but if you’re looking for the best Christmas lights in Houston then here’s our list for you:
We’ll start on the west side of town in Katy, TX:
If you venture out to Katy, one house that goes above and beyond in displaying the most joyful display of Christmas lights is the infamous Christmas Katy house in Pin Oak Village. Normally this home has a light show programmed to 17 songs that can be heard on your car radio station, HOWEVER, this one was one of a small handful that experienced damage from Harvey. While the automated light show will not be going this year, THEY HAVE DECORATED. It’s still an amazing scene and impressively lit up…it’s just the automation that is not going. Still an impressive sight in Pin Oak, along with the other homes along the drive path that are still decorated this year.
Other amazing Christmas light shows in Katy, TX can be found near Beckendorf Jr. High off Fry Rd. and Cinco Crossing. The address is 25523 Autumnwind Ct in Katy. I’m told this place has a great mixture of music and is very unique! Also check out 2207 Merrill Hills Circle in Northlake Village, Katy/Cinco Ranch! They are automated and set to music, too!
[UPDATE: Typhoon Texas suffered damage to their lights from Harvey this year and will NOT be having their Winterfest.} A new attraction this year is at Typhoon Texas Waterpark. Open now through December 31st, Winterfest at Typhoon Texas has ice skating, Santa’s Wonderland, train rides, and of course, miles of lights including a 4D light show. For a one stop Christmas experience, this is the place to go.
For those that want to venture out of Katy, there are plenty more places to see spectacular lights:
- Pecan Grove neighborhood in Richmond is known for having some of the best Christmas lights in Houston. The bonus for this neighborhood are the hayrides that wind through for a nominal fee– allowing everybody in the family to see all the best lights. Reservations are recommended to ensure a seat or just drive through on your own.
- Dewberry Farm’s Christmas in the Country: Dec. 7-30th; take a hayride through one million lights set to music! Visit with Santa, enjoy treats and enjoy over 30 attractions! You can even choose and cut your own Christmas tree! Open 6-11pm on Sundays thru Thursdays; last trailer to the Trail of Lights departs at 10:30pm.
Open 6-midnight on Fridays-Saturdays; last trailer to the Trail of Lights departs at 11:30pm. There is an admission fee.
- The River Oaks neighborhood in Houston remains a popular location to drive through, namely River Oaks Boulevard and Inwood Drive.
- Sugar Land Holiday Lights
- Brittenum Family Lights
- Zoo Lights at the Houston Zoo
- Prestonwood Forest (Prestonwood Forest’s 40th annual ‘Nite of Lites’ begins Saturday,
December 9 – I would advise visiting after December 9 because residentsare currently in the process of putting up their displays. Note: weekendstypically have more visitors than weekdays). Residents and touring guests are invited to again nominate their favorite homes for the ‘People’s Choice Award’. The link for online voting will be activated and available on the home page www.PrestonwoodForestOnline.com)throughout December.)
- Franck Family Christmas Light Show you can find them at 15923 Viney Creek. It runs 5:30-10pm Sunday-Thursday and until 10:30 on weekends. Tune into 89.7 FM
- Moody Gardens in Galveston
- Santa’s Wonderland outside of College Station/Navasota
- Magical Winter Lights in La Marque (open now until January 2nd! Please note that they will be closed December 4th and 11th)
- Timber Lakes – The McCrae’s Light Show in Conroe
- Historic Humble Christmas Lights & Decoration Contest
- Moss Lights in League City
- Quincannon Lane, Houston, TX (near Kempwood Forest)
- Edwards Family Light Show
- The Heights -specifically Highland St. and Bayland Ave.
- Shepherd Park & Candlelight Park – particular streets to stop by are Bethlehem St. and great starting points are North of W 43rd St at Ella Blvd or around Thornton or Martin Rd.
- Green Tee Terrace subdivision in Pearland (not confirmed for 2017)
- Sienna Plantation – there is a trolley ride through the light display for a small fee or simply drive through!
- Briargrove Park subdivision
- Winter Wonderland in The Woodlands
- Panther Creek, the Village of Alden Bridge and Bethany Bend neighborhoods – The Woodlands
- Dodd Family Holidays – The Woodlands: Harper’s Landing
- The Johnson’s Christmas Corner – They’re back!!! 14811 Cypress Meadow Dr, Cypress 77429; this incredible display has 77,000 lights, music, snow machines and you’ll even see a live Santa!
- The McCrae’s Light Show in Conroe: 9127 Silverback Trail, Conroe, TX 77303
- Historic Humble Christmas Lights – Dec. 5th at 6:30 pm in the City of Humble
- Schultz Holiday Lights – located in Spring, these guys have an amazing animated light display through Dec. 31st! The show starts at 6:30 nightly and ends at 9:30 Sunday-Thursday and 10:30 Friday and Saturday. 19827 Rose Dawn Ln, Spring, TX 77379
- Dickinson Festival of Lights – open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from Nov. 25-Dec 10th 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm and Dec. 15th-Dec. 23rd 6:00-8;30 pm. 1100 FM517, Dickinson, TX 77539
- Pearland Tour De Lites – bike and hayride. It’s on Saturday, December 9. The one and a half hour evening recreational ride begins at 7 p.m. at Shadycrest Elementary and goes through the Green Tee Subdivision to view the Christmas lights. Registration and check in for the ride ends at 6:30 p.m.
- Christmas Ranch in Cleveland, TX; Sun.-Thurs. from 6pm to 10pm; Fri & Sat 6pm to 11pm; Thanksgiving to New Years. 14651 FM1725, Cleveland, TX 77328
- Candlelight Park area lights in Houston
- Bufkin Christmas Wonderland – Pasadena, TX – This is their 25th and FINAL year! Don’t miss it! They’re open from 6:15pm to 9:30pm every night through December 27th. Come early! Since this will be their last year, they are expecting large crowds. There is parking at the Golden Acres Elementary School on Sycamore Street and if it is congested on Lilac Street.
2731 Lilac Pasadena, Texas
|Dewberry Farm||Pecan Grove||Pin Oak Village|
|Sugar Land Holiday Lights||Zoo Lights||Santa's Wonderland|
|Pearland Tour De Lites||Bufkin Christmas Wonderland||Christmas Ranch|
|Brittenum Family Lights||Prestonwood Forest||Franck Family Christmas Light Show|
|Moody Gardens||Magical Winter Lights||Timber Lakes – The McCrae’s Light Show|
|Historic Humble Christmas Lights & Decoration Contest||Moss Lights||Quincannon Lane,|
|Edwards Family Light Show||The Heights -specifically Highland St. and Bayland Ave.||Shepherd Park & Candlelight Park|
|Green Tee Terrace subdivision||Sienna Plantation||Briargrove Park subdivision|
|Winter Wonderland in The Woodlands||Panther Creek, the Village of Alden Bridge and Bethany Bend neighborhoods – The Woodlands||Dodd Family Holidays|
|The Johnson’s Christmas Corner||The McCrae’s Light Show||Historic Humble Christmas Lights|
|Schultz Holiday Lights||Dickinson Festival of Lights||Typhoon Texas|
The best part of it being dark at 5:30 is that you don’t have to be out late to see the best Christmas lights in Houston! So don’t be a Scrooge, get out there and get in the Christmas spirit!
If you love this info then stay up-to-date with more goodies by “LIKING” my facebook page! www.Facebook.com/DreamsToDeeds
If I can help you with any real estate needs I appreciate you keeping me in mind!
READ THE GIVEAWAY RULES AND ENTRY INFORMATION HERE.
YOUR GIVEAWAY SPONSORS: